- Andrew L. Pecora, M.D. and Robert A. Preti, Ph.D. co-found Progenitor Cell Therapy (PCT).
- PCT begins its current business operations, which include providing stem cell and tissue processing services for cancer patients under treatment at Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC) and other hospitals throughout the United States.
- The PCT laboratory is upgraded to a custom-built 2,500 square foot, state-of-the- art manufacturing facility in a new building within the HUMC hospital complex. The laboratory has since been developed into a nationally recognized center for stem cell engineering.
- PCT and Dendreon Corp. sign the first in a series of contracts for PCT to manufacture PROVENGE® and other cell therapy cancer vaccines for Phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trials.
- PCT establishes its second facility in Mountain View, California.
- PCT expands its East Coast processing capacity and establishes Amorcyte, LLC.
- PCT extends its manufacturing contracts with Dendreon for Phase 3 product manufacturing for PROVENGE®.
- PCT expands its manufacturing space in the Mountain View facility.
- PCT acquires a new facility in Allendale, New Jersey.
- PCT is acquired by NeoStem, Inc. (NASDAQ: NBS), a leader in the emerging stem cell therapy industry.
- PCT renews agreement to serve HUMC and establishes contract to serve MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
- PCT adds Engineering and Innovation department to accelerate the company’s use of automation, integration and other strategies to address the important issues of scale up, cost of goods, and improved robustness within the regenerative medicine industry.